Thursday, March 26, 2015

March Mayhem

Boy oh boy the time of year where boys are bummed about football ending so they rotate to the next sport! Yes, that was sexist AND opinionated of me but I'm just mad at myself that I never really got into watching basketball. I am quite athletic and am pretty fluent in sports talk with my guys friends since I actually understand the concept.

Basketball I can watch in person but for only a short time and this angers me. I can watch hours of football and not get bored and THAT is something to be proud of but basketball just doesn't cut it for me. I feel so out of loop with all the March Madness brackets and especially being in group chats with guys makes this an everyday isolation.

Two years ago I had a teacher who had us all make our own brackets and whoever won got a bacon egg and cheese from him. Now If you knew me personally, the word bacon egg and cheese makes my ears perk up immediately. It is on my list of probably top 10 favorite things ever, so within minutes I was asking around for help with my bracket. I ended up googling popular brackets and took something random. Since all those games usually happen around the same time I got out 2 laptops and watched 4 games at once trying to remember which team I was rooting for.

Long and boring story short, I lost and to this day I still have harsh feelings for this Madness de March. I guess it can be a positive time for people to bond or argue through? Mainly something to occupy guys and girls who enjoy the nothing but net basketball feeling that I never quite inherited.


No comments:

Post a Comment